AMERICA PRAYS Prayer Guide:
This prayer guide was written by Jason Hubbard of 1Day1Church / advisor to AMERICA PRAYS. It can help you keep the momentum of prayer going in your church or prayer community. It is available for you to download and share as you feel led.
JANUARY 2019 PRAYER POINTS
Thank you so much to all of you who are partnering with us in this assignment, for all of your prayers and intercessions. You are so appreciated! As 2018 comes to an end, CT PRAYS is built of over 17 churches and ministries praying 18 out of 31 days each month across Connecticut. We are comprised of Baptist, Congregational, Anglican, Pentecostal, Charismatic and Evangelical churches across the state, from Hartford to Waterbury to Ashford to Bethel. There are large multi-campus churches as well as small home groups each taking a day to pray once a month for our state. Two-three more churches and ministries are planning to join us starting January 2019. We are slowly but steadily growing!
If your church or fellowship is not yet part of CT PRAYS, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-879-5481 for more information. Or sign up on our website: ctprays.org.
Our Chinese friends from the Golden Lampstand encourages their teams to pray The Lord’s Prayer everytime they start out. This is a prayer that came directly from our Savior Jesus. I encourage you to have your teams start out by praying this also.
Let’s start out with some declarations:
1. Jesus says in Matthew 18:19: “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.”
2. Jesus says in John 14:13: “You can ask for anything in My Name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my Name and I will do it!”
January PRAYER POINTS
We will continue to use the 7 MOUNTAINS prayer strategy to make the prayer points easier. Do not forget to include prayer points for your own town as well as for your church.
Please share with us what’s going on in your town so we all can partner with you in prayer. If you see a specific need we as the Connecticut church should be praying for, please email us at email@example.com, let us know.
) Pray for the church to have a renewed revelation of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross that leads to an authentic love for God and for holy living – including an overwhelming burden & passion to read God’s Word!
ii) PRAY God will open the eyes & ears of Christians in CT – and that God will pour out His Kingdom Perspective & His understanding for the times we live in.
iii) PRAY God will burden Christians with the urgent need to share the Gospel with everyone they come into contact with & that God will pour out His great boldness to enable them!
- iv) PRAY that God will raise up bold & powerful Christian men with hearts after God, who will seek His vision & step into roles of leadership! King Davids! Nehemiahs! Joshuas!!
- v) PRAY churches will get involved with the “Connecticut PRAYS” initiative so that our state will be covered in prayer 24/7/365!!
vi) Pray for unity among all the Bible teaching, Bible preaching churches in Connecticut.
vii) Pray for pastors to have boldness as they proclaim the Gospel and lead congregations in CT. Help them to stay true to biblical preaching. Speak to them in dreams & visions what You want them to preach about.
viii) Pray God exposes the spirit of religion in churches and individuals, then removes and replaces with His Life & Truth! And PRAY that He exposes & removes all biblical tares from churches & Christian ministries.
ix) PRAY Matthew 9:38 – “Therefore PRAY the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His Harvest
- Right now there are 17 days covered on our state prayer calendar. Three more churches are planning to sign up. Pray there will be at least one church in every one of Connecticut’s 169 towns who will join CT PRAYS and pray for their town and their state.
- Pray for your own church as you stand in the gap for Connecticut.
The 5 top industries in Connecticut are as follows:
- Insurance and Financial Services
- Healthcare and Bioscience
- Large-Scale Manufacturing
- Digital Media
- Tourism and Entertainment
Pray the Lord be glorified throughout all industry in our state.
Pray for apostolic leaders who have missionary hearts to enter the business field.
All across western society the traditional family has been attacked in numerous ways:
Increased acceptance of immorality
- Homosexual marriages
Our families especially need to be soaked in continual prayer.
Pray for a new “Abolitionist Movement” to come from New England, specifically Connecticut. Pray that our state will be forerunners once again in the healing of our nation, there will be racial reconciliation that will bring the greatest healing among our people.
- Hartford is known as the most violent city in Connecticut, with 11.3 murders per 100,000 happening every year.
- New Haven is second, with 10 murders per 100,000 every year.
Target these cities in your prayer.
Pray for those caught in sex trafficking in our state. Pray especially for the Underground CT (www.theundergroundct.org), Loved-In (http://www.lovedin.org) and The Battleground; a new network with a vision to foster mentoring young men & boys within the body of Christ.
Connecticut has a rich history as forerunner in providing education to the underprivileged and needy. Pray as our state moves forward, that great values such as honor, righteousness, holiness and purity be once again taught in our public schools.
This came from one of Connecticut’s top educational administrative leaders . Please pray accordingly:
- As the new CT Administration is transitioning, pray that decisions regarding leadership of education for the state will be God directed for the well being of all our children in the state.
- Pray for the students who have experienced losses through violence throughout the Connecticut schools, especially in Hartford, Bridgeport and West Hartford.
An intercessor from a local prayer ministry was informed that the Connecticut public school system is discussing the issue of transgenderism in our state school system. This sensitive topic especially needs to be covered in prayer!.
- Pray for all people in Connecticut, in every sphere of public and private life, to hear the Gospel and be saved!
- Pray for supernatural safety & protection – in all areas – for the State & citizens of CT.
- PRAY for all born again believers that currently serve in government … PRAY for God’s strength & encouragement. PRAY God pours out His supernatural boldness on each one & provides them with witnessing opportunities! PRAY numerous Bible Studies will be started up!
- PRAY for all newly elected officials — that they will receive salvation! That each will be committed to seeking God’s wisdom & righteousness in all areas of governing our state!
PRAY God will raise up bold, born again Christians to run in state elections in 2019!
- ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT:
Even though Hollywood isn’t in Connecticut, what comes out from there influences the world, including us in our state.
Please pray for the Lord’s grace, mercy, love, help, complete healing, full-household salvation, leadership, truth and light, wisdom / knowledge / understanding / discernment, peace / comfort / rest / joy, presence and favor, impenetrable protection, and all that’s good from God above for all of:
Pray that the Lord would physically, mentally, and spiritually save, heal, strengthen, and restore us all; forgive us of all our sins; write our names in His Book of Life; grant to us all our prayers, needs, and desires of our hearts according to His good will; and deliver us from all evil and the Evil One. Amen, thank you. (from the Hollywood Prayer Network)
Pray especially for Blue Sky Studios, Connecticut’s own movie studio. http://blueskystudios.com.
- Pray for all statewide TV, newspapers, radio and internet media outlets. This month, pray for Connecticut’s top TV outlets.
- PRAY for godly leadership & wisdom for local Christian Radio Stations such as WIHS, WFAR, WCSE-LP, WCCC, WNWW, WSGG, WSDK and WKLV.
- PRAY for ALL other local Christian media, Christian Schools & Christian Businesses.
- Pray especially for the local TV, newspaper and radio station in your area.
PRAY FOR ISRAEL:
Sen. Rand Paul is blocking the US-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act, S.2497. This bill is the cornerstone of US support for Israel. It ensures Israel has what it needs to fight terrorists like Hamas and Hezbollah, and keeps at bay tyrants like the leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Just recently the importance of this legislation was made painfully clear as Israel endured hundreds of rocket attacks at the hands of terrorists. Moreover, Sen. Paul did not oppose this bill previously, and did not oppose similar legislation that was passed in 2012 and 2014.
Please pray for this bill to be passed, no longer blocked.