FEBRUARY 2019 PRAYER POINTS
“And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street and on either side of the river was the Tree of Life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.” Revelation 22:1-2
Thank you so much to all of you who are partnering with us in this assignment, for all of your prayers and intercessions. You are so appreciated! CT PRAYS is built of over 18 churches and ministries praying 18 out of 31 days each month across Connecticut. We are comprised of Baptist, Congregational, Anglican, Pentecostal, Charismatic and Evangelical churches across the state, from Hartford to Waterbury to Ashford to Bethel. There are large multi-campus churches who are part of this as well as small home groups each taking a day to pray once a month for our state. Two more churches and ministries are planning to join us starting January 2019. We are slowly but steadily growing!
- Please share with us what’s going on in your town so we all can partner with you in prayer.
- If you see a specific need we that the Connecticut church should be praying for, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know.
Let’s start out with some declarations:
1. Jesus says in Matthew 18:19: “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.”
2. Jesus says in John 14:13: “You can ask for anything in My Name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my Name and I will do it!”
February PRAYER POINTS
We will continue to use the 7 MOUNTAINS prayer strategy to make the prayer points easier. Do not forget to include prayer points for your own town as well as for your church.
- Pray for increased John 17 unity among all the Bible teaching, Bible preaching churches in Connecticut.
- Pray for all believers to have boldness as they proclaim the Gospel, even look for opportunities to share Jesus with friends, neighbors and families.
- Pray churches will get involved with the “Connecticut PRAYS” initiative so that our state will be covered in prayer 24/7/365!!
- Right now there are 18 days covered on our state prayer calendar. Two more churches are planning to sign up, but have not made the commitment.
- Pray there will be at least one church in every one of Connecticut’s 169 towns who will join CT PRAYS and pray for their town and their state.
- Pray for your own church as you stand in the gap for Connecticut.
Following is an end of year economic report on Connecticut, published in the Stamford Advocate:
Connecticut’s economy closed out 2018 with a flourish, adding 1,100 jobs in December and shaving one-tenth of a percentage point off the unemployment rate, according to data released Thursday by the state Department of Labor.
The state’s unemployment rate fell to 4.0 percent, just one-tenth of a percentage point above the national jobless rate. And Connecticut officials got some additional good news: The original November report of 500 jobs lost has been revised upward by 1,500 to a net gain of 1,000 jobs .
- Pray the Lord be glorified throughout all industry in our state.
- Pray for start-up businesses to increase and flourish in Connecticut.
- Pray for apostolic leaders who have missionary hearts to enter the business field.
All across western society the traditional family has been attacked in numerous ways:
Increased acceptance of immorality
- Homosexual marriages
Our families especially need to be soaked in continual prayer.
Pray for a new “Abolitionist Movement” to come from New England, specifically Connecticut. Pray that our state will be forerunners once again in the healing of our nation, there will be racial reconciliation that will bring the greatest healing among our people.
- Hartford is known as the most violent city in Connecticut, with 11.3 murders per 100,000 happening every year.
- New Haven is second, with 10 murders per 100,000 every year.
Target these cities specifically in your prayer.
Pray for those caught in sex trafficking in our state. Pray especially for the Underground CT (www.theundergroundct.org), Loved-In (http://www.lovedin.org) and The Battleground; a new network with a vision to foster mentoring young men & boys within the body of Christ.
Connecticut has a rich history as forerunner in providing education to the underprivileged and needy. Pray as our state moves forward, that great values such as honor, righteousness, holiness and purity be once again taught in our public schools.
Pray for students as we now have several suicides reported across the state. Pray for the adults and the students & youth also impacted.
Several horrendous proposals are now being deliberated in our state government right at this very moment:
- Legalization of recreational use of marijuana
- Assisted suicide bill
- This week TWO proposed bills against CT crisis pregnancy centers have been submitted to the public health committee.
Proposed Bill 5130
Proposed Bill 395
Both are attacks on the state’s crisis pregnancy centers. They are accusing the crisis pregnancy centers of “misrepresenting themselves” when they advertise offers of help to those who find themselves pregnant…..because they do not offer abortion as one of the options! Read these proposals, pray and contact your legislator.
Pray the Connecticut church would become more involved in government, both locally and state level.
PRAY for all born again believers that currently serve in government …
PRAY for God’s strength & encouragement.
PRAY God pours out His supernatural boldness on each one & provides them with witnessing opportunities!
PRAY numerous Bible Studies will be started up!
PRAY for all newly elected officials — that they will receive salvation! That each will be committed to seeking God’s wisdom & righteousness in all areas of governing our state!
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT:
- Pray the Lord will raise up young Christian professionals who will hear the call of God and respond to “proclaiming the Gospel” through the many arenas of arts & entertainment.
- Pray for Kelly Clarkson:
Pray with us for Kelly Clarkson and that God will draw near to her. We pray that in all her current and upcoming projects, her relationships with everyone involved will be healthy and they will enjoy working with each other. Kelly was raised with Christian roots, and though we don’t know her relationship with God now, we ask that God makes himself known to her in the coming weeks and in all aspects of her life. We pray for her family and personal life and ask God to give her patience, strength, and compassion as a mother and a wife. Pray also that God provides the time and desire in her life to rest and rejuvenate, and that in those times she knows God is the source of her peace. (from the Hollywood Prayer Network)
- Pray for Blue Sky Studios, Connecticut’s own movie studio. http://blueskystudios.com.
- Pray for all statewide TV, newspapers, radio and internet media outlets. This month, pray for Connecticut’s top TV outlets.
- PRAY for godly leadership & wisdom for local Christian Radio Stations such as WIHS, WFAR, WCSE-LP, WCCC, WNWW, WSGG, WSDK and WKLV.
- PRAY for ALL other local Christian media, Christian Schools & Christian Businesses.
- Pray especially for the local TV, newspaper and radio station in your area.
PRAY FOR ISRAEL:
Why We Should Pray for Israel?
“We are living in a sobering moment in history that calls us, as believers in Jesus Christ, to take a stand with Israel. We could be people of the last hour. We are not to be passive in the face of prophecy; we are called to pray with passion, to intercede, and to minister according to the words of the Savior who said it is not our task to speculate when the end will be. It is our responsibility to do Kingdom business until He comes (Luke 19:13).
This is not about politics; this is about the Word of God, but the political ramifications are extremely dramatic. Scripture declares there will come a time when all the nations of the world will turn against Israel. It is so highly conceivable this could happen in our time that it is critical to outline why we should stand with Israel today.” – Jack Hayford
|Recently an Israeli general publicly commented on the impact the coming war will have in Israel.
Folks won’t be “drinking coffee in Tel Aviv” when war breaks out, according to Israeli General Tamir Yadai.
In previous wars, the violence was concentrated around Jerusalem and border regions, leaving central Israel relatively unscathed. But, according to General Yadais, the coming war will be very different. Tel Aviv will be under attack.
The stakes could not be higher for Israel. Hezbollah in the North has an arsenal of more than 150,000 missiles — larger than 95% of the countries in the world — and Hamas in Gaza boasts thousands of rockets as well, including precision missiles capable of striking all of Israel’s major cities.
Israel has to be prepared for war at all times. In 2018, Israel’s largest battalions completed 11 large-scale training exercises, designed to prepare IDF soldiers to fight in densely populated and urban areas, with a special emphasis on tunnel warfare.
If your church or fellowship is not yet part of CT PRAYS, contact us at email@example.com or call 860-879-5481 for more information. Or sign up on our website: ctprays.org.
AMERICA PRAYS Prayer Guide:
This prayer guide was written by Jason Hubbard of 1Day1Church / advisor to AMERICA PRAYS. It can help you keep the momentum of prayer going in your church or prayer community. It is available for you to download and share as you feel led.