THE FOLLOWING CAME FROM SOME OF THE CT PRAYS INTERCESSORS:
PRAY FOR THE MEN & BOYS
This came from one of the CT Prays intercessors, it has been condensed, is a powerful prayer prayer point that should be focused on:
“As I prayed through the points when I reached the point of praying for my church, I started to see a connection. We recently lost a man to a sudden death. I went to his service and sat behind his family. Not a day or two later a man, an avid cyclist was found dead on the side of the road, a very young man that many youth looked up to. One of our worship leaders’ sons died; a.young father to a little one, still in the prime of his life After praying for my hour in CT Prays, I heard of another man passed away, he was mentor and advocate to many people, young and old in the mental health/addiction recovery world. The last one that came to mind was another church member’s son. I alone heard of 5 males in just a few days with the exception of this son who passed a few weeks ago. The enemy was trying to snuff out the seed of man, our current leaders and future leaders. The enemy is disabling our men. Single parent families with no male role models, leaders or protectors in them. Abortion. Even the gay communities.. It’s all an attack on our males.” Pray for our men?
PRAY FOR THOSE CAUGHT IN ISLAM:
“In case you don’t know, the 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World is coming up May 6-June 4, during Ramadan. http://www.30daysprayer.com.”
In the past, the Northeast Conference of Council on American-Islamic Relations (www.cair.com) was held at Adriaen’s Landing in Hartford, always on Memorial weekend or July 4th. It has now moved to Baltimore MD, but while they were in Hartford, a few of us would go there to pray for them. Please continue to pray for those caught in Islam?
Share with us what’s going on in your town so we all can partner with you in prayer. If you see a specific need the Connecticut church should be praying for, email us at email@example.com, let us know.
MAY 2019 PRAYER POINTS –
PRAY FOR DECISION AMERICA NORTHEAST TOUR
From May 19–30, Franklin Graham will embark on a seven-city tour of the northeast United States. The series of one-night prayer and evangelism events will include stops in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Franklin will present the Gospel of Jesus Christ at each stop, calling the lost to repentance and faith—and praying together with believers for their families, churches, communities, and those who are far from God. The DECISION AMERICA bus is coming to Seaside Park in Bridgeport at 7:30pm Tuesday, May 28. Please pray that many will come and there will be a harvest of souls? “The most critical thing you can do is pray, pray, pray. The intercession of God’s people is crucial if we are to see a return to the Biblical faith of our fathers, the faith that has guided and sustained our country for so long.”
THURSDAY, MAY 2 IS NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
The theme this year is taken from John 13:34 – LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Five prayer points will be targeted this year:
- Pray for America to love one another
- Pray for the Church to love one another.
- Pray for families, workplaces, communities & cities to love one another
- Pray for all ethnicities to love one another.
- Pray the church will love God & each other so much that we will unite visibly & pray extraordinarily for the next Great Spiritual Awakening in our land.
Pray that Christians will go to their town halls and town greens to pray for their towns and for Connecticut.
There will be a State Capitol National Day of Prayer rally from 4-5 pm on north steps. Pray this will be well-attended. Come if you can?
- Pray for increased John 17 unity among all the Bible teaching, Bible preaching churches in Connecticut.
- Pray there will be at least one church in every one of Connecticut’s 169 towns who will join CT PRAYS and pray for their town and their state.
- Pray for the many regional transdenominational networks such as: CT Arise, Impact CT, Gatekeepers, Bridgeport Arise to name a few.
- Pray the Lord will raise up times for the Body of Christ to network together to spend time in prayer and evangelize our state outside of our individual denominations and fellowships.
- Pray for your own church as you stand in the gap for Connecticut.
- Pray the Lord be glorified throughout all industry in our state.
- Pray for start-up businesses to increase and flourish in Connecticut.
- Pray for apostolic leaders who have missionary hearts to enter the business field.
- Churches, reconciliation between denominations
- Racial reconciliation
- Between men & women
- Ethnic, especially between Jew & Gentile
Pray the Lord will bring His family back
THOSE CAUGHT IN SIN & ADDICTIONS:
Pray for those caught in sex trafficking in our state. Pray especially for the Underground CT (www.theundergroundct.org), Loved-In (http://www.lovedin.org) and The Battleground; a new network with a vision to foster mentoring young men & boys within the body of Christ.
EDUCATION / SCHOOL SYSTEMS:
Pray for students as we now have several suicides reported across the state. Pray for the adults and the students & youth also impacted.
This week there are quite a few things to pray for as you pray for your state government. Pray for these events that are happening this week:
APRIL 30 – Legislative Prayer Breakfast , pray that the legislators will attend this breakfast, especially the legislator in your region. If you haven’t already done this, call them or email them an invitation to this breakfast.
MAY 1 – at 11:00 a.m. the Family Institute of Connecticut Action will hold a Pro-Family Lobby Day at the Legislative Office Building (Room to be announced) in Hartford. They need as many pro-family state residents as possible to attend their lobby day and then meet with their own legislators afterwards to ask them to vote to protect life, faith and family. Pray for a great attendance at this rally, come if you’re able to.
PRAY FOR ISRAEL
1. Thank God and our Lord Jesus Christ for President Donald Trump’s courage to recognize Israel’s sovereignty of the Golan Heights, as part of Israel’s God-given land!
2. Continue to pray for our government not to support the PLO in any way, until they stop paying and encouraging terrorists to kill Jews and also Christians.
(Taylor Force, a 28yr. old U.S. Army veteran, was killed in a Palestinian terror attack in Israel, March of 2016.). Remember the Taylor Force Act, and continue to pray!
3. Pray for Israel’s airport in Tel Aviv. The Syrian Ambassador to the U.N. has made a statement threatening that Syria will strike Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport if Israel does not leave Iran alone to amass weapons and armaments in Syria.